HABITAT? The tropical rainforests of the Congo in Africa
DID YOU KNOW?
- Its name comes from “oka”, which means “to cut”, and “Kpi”, which describes the design on a particular type of arrow that resembles the stripes on the Okapi’s legs.
- Although it resembles a zebra, the Okapi is more closely related to the giraffe.
- Its soft, velvety fur is oily, which makes it water repellant.
- To mark its territory, it leaves a trail of sticky substance secreted from its feet.
- This mammal’s tongue is so long that it can lick its ears and eyelids.