HABITAT? The shallow waters of tropical seas
DID YOU KNOW?
- One of its claws is noticeably larger than the other – like a boxing glove would be on our hand
- When they snap their claws, it so fast that it creates jets of water that travel as fast as 63 miles/hour, forming a bubble behind the jet
- Once that bubble bursts, it produces a large a loud mini explosion that stuns or can even kills the shrimp’s food
- They’re one of the loudest animals on the planet with their blasts being powerful enough to protect a submarine from sound navigation and ranging
- They only grow as big as about the size of our finger