Giant California Sea Cucumber
HABITAT? In the waters of the Gulf of Alaska to Southern California
DID YOU KNOW?
- They usually grow to a length of 50 cm (19.69 in.) and a width of 5 cm (1.97 in.).
- Its skin is leathery and ranges in colour from reddish-brown to yellow.
- It eats by using the 20 retractable tentacles around its mouth to bring in food.
- It mostly survives on a diet of plankton and other tiny organisms.
- It has 5 rows of tube-like feet.
- Its body is soft and shaped like a cylinder.