Shaw suffers from arthritis as well as poor eyesight due to glaucoma. She had trained nine year old Louise to press the emergency panic button installed in her house in case anything were to happen to her. But she always treated it as a kind of game with the dog and never really thought Louise could ever put the skill to use.
Thankfully, that little game paid off after Shaw tripped while coming out of the shower. She twister her leg, hit her head and passed out on the ground. Her dog was able to recognize that this wasn’t a game and pressed the panic button that alerted an emergency response unit to come and help her.
Louise was found beside Shaw and is thought to have stayed by her side the whole time after pushing the panic button.
Not being a regular dog trainer, Shaw never thought in a million years that the panic-button “game” would ever actually work, but Louise proved she’s more than an adorable face!