By Dina Ginzburg
You may know her as Katniss Everdeen from THE HUNGER GAMES, but when she isn’t playing the brave Tribute, Jennifer Lawrence is just like us! And just like us, she has a birthday. The actress turns 22 today. Many happy returns!
In honour of her birthday, here are 10 things you might not know about Jennifer Lawrence:
- She auditioned for the role of Bella Swan before starring in THE HUNGER GAMES.
- She wants to direct a film someday.
- Growing up in Louisville, she was a total tomboy and played on all-boys sports teams!
- She beat out a dozen famous actresses for the role of Katniss.
- It took her three days to accept the role of Katniss because she was reluctant to star in a blockbuster film.
- She says she feels awkward flying first class.
- She’s the second youngest person to earn an Oscar nod for best actress.
- She refuses to diet because she realizes that it’s not always the smart thing to do.
- She was a cheerleader in high school.
- She graduated from high school two years early to pursue her acting career.