By Sarah Khan
Spidey fans everywhere can rejoice because a sequel to this summer's blockbuster hit has been confirmed! There isn't much information available about the sequel yet, but here is what we know so far:
- The sequel is due out in May 2014 and will be the second of three Spider-Man movies!
- Andrew Garfield will reprise his role as the web-slinging hero and director Marc Webb has signed on to direct the sequel as well. Weather or not Emma Stone will reprise her role as Gwen Stacy is still unclear, though.
- Gwen Stacy may not survive til the end of the second film! In the comic books, Gwen Stacy dies a tragic death at the hands of the Green Goblin and it's expected that she will meet the same fate in the movie. When she will die is unclear, but sadly, we're not expecting a happy ending for Peter and Gwen.
- The next movies may go beyond Spider-Man's universe! Rumour has it that Spider-Man may cross paths with other comic-turned-movie worlds: there is a possibility of an upcoming Venom movie which will take place in the same universe as THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. Also, since Spider-Man is a member of the Avengers in the comic books, those two movie worlds may meet as well.
- The new villain! If you stayed til the end of the credits for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, you saw the secret scene that hints at the next bad guy. According to Rhys Ifans, who played the Lizard/Dr. Curt Connors, the mystery man is an employee of Oscorp Industries, but is not Norman Osborn. Apparently, it will be someone we already know from the Spider-Man universe, but who we didn't know worked for Oscorp!
We're already pumped for this sequel, even though it's still two years away. We're also dying to know who the bad guy will be. Who do you think it could be?